If you’ve ever wondered what an eSIM is or how eSIM works, you’ve come to the right place.
Essentially everybody and their canine knows about your fundamental SIM card nowadays – however presently eSIMs are on the scene with eSIM suppliers springing up all over. Anyway, what is eSIM? How does eSIM function? Might I at any point get a pay-more only as costs arise eSIM for my telephone? What’s for supper?
So, how does eSIM work in Vietnam?
Basically, an eSIM works by letting you connect to a second (or third, or fourth) mobile network without swapping physical SIM cards – one phone, multiple network options. All you have to do is visit our website https://vietnamesim.info and choose an eSIM Package that is suitable for your trip to Vietnam.
What is an eSIM?
An eSIM (or embedded SIM) is a chip in your phone that can act like a physical SIM card. Rather than inserting a new SIM card to join a new mobile network, you can instead download an eSIM profile. No need to physically swap cards – it’s all done electronically.
Sometimes eSIMs are called by their technical name: embedded universal integrated circuit card, or eUICC. But it’s the same thing – a chip that gives access to a mobile network.
How does eSIM work – the basics
An eSIM works almost exactly like a regular SIM card – only it’s embedded into your phone and can’t be removed. So if you want an iPhone 14 eSIM plan for example, you don’t need to physically swap out SIM cards to switch to a new network when traveling abroad, you instead download an eSIM profile, either via an app or by scanning a QR code.
Then you simply choose your prepaid eSIM plan, and off you go – you’ve now got a pay-as-you-go eSIM to avoid those big roaming data charges when you are off on your hols or traveling internationally for business.
Because there’s no need to go to a shop to get a new SIM card or wait for one to be sent through the post, you can join a new network in a matter of minutes, wherever you are.
How does eSIM work – for traveling in Vietnam
Being able to change to a different network instantly can be incredibly useful when traveling. You might find that your home country’s network charges exorbitant data roaming fees if you use your phone abroad – but you can avoid those fees by switching to an eSIM profile with a prepaid eSIM plan. Then when you get home, you can simply switch back to your regular SIM.
And there are other cases in which having a connection to a different network via an eSIM can be useful, like when your phone is in an area where your main network doesn’t have coverage. In that case, you could swap to your eSIM profile to see whether that network has a signal. Another advantage of having both a SIM and eSIM is that you could use one for business and the other for personal calls, without having to swap phones – instead of just swapping profiles. Sounds easy, right? Well, it is!
eSIM setup – how it’s so easy
You can easily swap between the network on your eSIM and the one on your physical SIM at any time by going into ‘Mobile Data > Data Plans (Apple devices) or Connections > SIM Card Manager (Samsung devices)’ in your phone’s settings and switching between the two. You can also store more than one eSIM profile, although you can only use one profile at a time.
As the Internet of Things evolves, eSIMs and eSIM providers in the UK are cropping up more and more because more objects, like cars and traffic lights, or anything that might need to connect to a mobile network, are being manufactured with an eSIM built in.
Because eSIMs can be updated electronically, it means new profiles can be added without, for example, physically swapping thousands of SIM cards in traffic lights up and down the country. eSIMs are the future!
Installation eSIM on Iphone (ios)
By scanning the QR code
- Choose the “QR Code” tab at the top
- Go to Settings on your device
- Tap on Network & Internet
- Tap the Add or + icon next to Mobile Network
- Tap Next when asked, “Don’t have a SIM card?”
- Scan your QR code and add the confirmation code if prompted
- Go back to your “Install eSIM/Access Data” screen.
- Turn on eSIM under Mobile Network
- Enable Mobile Data
- Enable Data Roaming (Please turn off your primary line to avoid roaming charges from your carrier provider when overseas)
- Go to Network & Internet and tap on the Mobile network to set the correct network preferences listed in the Additional Info which is at the bottom-right of the selected data package page.
- Set up an APN(access point name) on your device if required.
Installation eSIM on Samsung (Android)
- GO to Settings.
- TAP Connections.
- TAP SIM Manager.
- TAP Add eSIM.
- TAP Scan QR code from service
- TAP Scan QR code from service provider.
Your Order Summary:
- Package purchased:
- eSIM phone number: Included Vietnamese eSIM Number
- eSIM validity starts right after you install it on your phone
- QR Code image:
Please follow this guide to your eSIM for Vietnam:
- Before departure, add the eSIM to your device and turn off it until you reach Vietnam.
- Upon arrival in Vietnam, please:
- Turn on your eSIM, and select eSIM as mobile data.
- Restart your device or set Airplane mode as ON and then OFF, and enjoy the internet.
- Each eSIM can be installed ONCE only, please DON’T REMOVE/DELETE your eSIM in case you have any issues adding and using it. In this case, please contact us for support. Otherwise, no refund will be made.
- Your plan will start right after you install it on your phone, so please install it just before departure or upon landing in Vietnam, provided that your wifi is stable at the time of installation.
- Your data plan comes with FREE DATA and a phone number to receive calls and SMS, and its outgoing call or SMS features are blocked.
- Some iPhones have the eSIM activating process take longer (up to 30 minutes), please wait until the process is completed.
- Some iPhones notify you of “Unable to activate” when you install the esim outside Vietnam. In this case, please restart your phone, go to Settings > Cellular, and if you see the esim there, there will be no issue.
- Your phone number is stated herein. Sometimes, it will not be shown on your esim, but you can check it by dialing *101# when you are in Vietnam.
- If your hotspot does not work automatically, please set your eSIM APNs as guided in the attachment.
- If you are using a 5G smartphone, please disable 5G on the eSIM and switch to 4G / LTE.
- Turn off the Cellular Data Switch to avoid the roaming fee.
In case you cannot connect to the internet after completing all steps above, please configure your APN as follows:
● For iOS devices: Go to Settings > Cellular/Mobile data > your eSIM > Cellular Data
Network, and then enter all APNs as m9-wintel.
● For Samsung Phones: Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access Point
Name > Tab Add on top bar > Name it > APN as m9-Wintel
● For Google Pixel Phones: Go to Settings > Network & internet > SIMs > select your eSIM > Access
Point Names > Tab + on top bar > Name it > APN as m9-Wintel
>> Do the same if your hotspot does not work.
How to get an eSIM – what phones have one?
If you’ve got a new-ish phone, you’ve probably got an eSIM already.
All of Apple’s latest iPhones come with an eSIM built in, and many Android phone manufacturers are now also adding eSIMs to their products. Most of the recent Samsung Galaxy phones have an eSIM, for example, as do Google’s Pixel smartphones. The new Motorola Razr was the first phone to ship without a physical SIM card at all – it only has an eSIM.
You’ll also find eSIMs in some of the latest laptops and tablets like the Microsoft Surface Pro X. And the number of devices that use eSIMs is increasing all the time.
Where can I use eSIM in Vietnam?
Over the past few years, more and more networks in more and more countries across the world have begun offering eSIM bundles and eSIM deals.
Vietnam eSIM offers eSIM packages for more than 70 countries – just search for your chosen destination and grab a prepaid eSIM plan that suits where you’re traveling to. So if you’re looking for a data travel sim, you’re probably going to find one in a pay-as-you-go eSIM plan.
How can I get an eSIM profile?
It’s easy as can be with Vietnam eSIM:
1. Visit our website https://vietnamesim.info
2. Select your eSIM plan
Choose your eSIM Package on our website with how many data plans for your trip and take a look at the various bundles we have available. Simply select your prepaid eSIM plan
3. Make payment
- Make payment via PayPal (One of the safest Payment Gate)
- Leave your email to get QR Code and Instructions for using eSIM in Vietnam from our store
Off you go!
Now you can enjoy staying in touch while you’re abroad without those big data roaming charges.
If you need help with any of the above, we’re here to help. Happy travels!